New Server

All topics concerning the game, the people etc.
Socrates V.I.P
Socrates V.I.P

New Server

Post by BadDogFL »

Al, please change our server mode of play. I've played several servers that change modes every round, anything but teamdeath match will do for me. The other modes need more teamwork to be successful at winning. This game is hard but still fun to play.
Founder
Founder

Re: New Server

Post by Al Hadzi »

BadDogFL wrote:Al, please change our server mode of play. I've played several servers that change modes every round, anything but teamdeath match will do for me. The other modes need more teamwork to be successful at winning. This game is hard but still fun to play.
OK so which mode do You prefer?
"I know that I know nothing" - SOCRATES

Al Hadzi
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Socrates V.I.P
Socrates V.I.P

Post by BadDogFL »

Is it possible to set server to change modes automaticly, so we can play different modes every round.
Founder
Founder

Post by Al Hadzi »

BadDogFL wrote:Is it possible to set server to change modes automaticly, so we can play different modes every round.
All modes?
"I know that I know nothing" - SOCRATES

Al Hadzi
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MadMojo »

That "HomeRun" mode - kinda capture the flag without respawn - is fun but unfortunately allows only 12 players instead of full 16 (max. 20). If installed, also all other modes have to go with 12 players only :(

IMHO I would make HomeRun at a specific day of the week then, and all other modes mixed up alternating for the rest of the time. Perhaps EA will "fix" that one day..... sigh
"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food." W. C. Fields

Administrator
Administrator

Post by MadMojo »

A small announcement.....

I have changed the maplist.
First I added all maps + modes via procon, but I think it's too boring :think:
Then I pasted all maps/modes into a file and began scambling them, that the game modes change from map to map.
Have uploaded it to the game hoster, it will become valid after next server restart. Don't wanted to restart now because server was full.

Just for info to those whithout warfighter yet:

8 maps available
5 modes available

Nearly all modes are playable on every map but three,
means in total maplist contains now 37 variants how to play.

Interesting for me was, that in different modes you also can go to map areas which you can't reach in other modes, I like it.

cya :dance:

Post by DangerousKitchen »

MadMojo wrote: Interesting for me was, that in different modes you also can go to map areas which you can't reach in other modes, I like it.

The same is in BF3. Huge maps for rush mode, smaller for conquest and the smallest for death match. Always smaller map is cut from bigger one and it's slighly different.
See Ya on the battlefield!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crito, I owe a cock to Asclepius; will you remember to pay the debt? (last words of Socrates)

Administrator
Administrator

Post by MadMojo »

shit.... problems.....

Al, have a look if you can,

after joining the server all player classes are locked but the class you played last.

I'm 99% sure it is not about the maplist, but who knows. Perhaps check the other vars, last try would be fresh restart with blank / new config files. Usual restart and also setting standards with procon changed nothing.....

hope we can solve it soon!

Administrator
Administrator

Post by MadMojo »

what I saw... when spawning you are private first class, no score at all.

Perhaps the server isn't recognized as ranked due to any settings, no real idea...
EDIT: yep, I checked at battlelog, server is shown as unranked with custom config.

off to work, cya

Administrator
Administrator

Post by MadMojo »

phew... solved

found an example startup file in net and adopted it - server restart and all is fine right now.
Including playlist with 37 variants.

We (I) need to be careful with the settings.... dang :whistle:

It might be that the servers rcon layer (communication to procon) is buggy, therefore I would recommend not to do big changes with procon yet. And I have also read that any settings deviating from "normal" or "immersive" might cause the server to get unranked again, but I don't know... and I don't want to try now.

cya