Auto Reboot of computer

PC Problems, Hints + Tips
Regular
Regular

Auto Reboot of computer

Post by Retlaw »

Howdy Howdy... I hope someone has the cure for my computer problem... I have been experiencing reboots from my computer during gameplay... It only happens when I play MOH Multiplayer... I will be in the middle of playing and my computer will lock up or reboot on its own... Any ideas??? Thanks...
Retlaw
Socrates V.I.P
Socrates V.I.P

Re: Auto Reboot of computer

Post by SouthAfricanBru »

Maybe your pc is over heating check the temps
THAT'S ONE STEP FOR MAN, ONE GIANT LEAP FOR MAN KIND - Neil Armstrong
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MadMojo »

Bru might be right. Another common reason is the power supply. In games the video card needs a lot of power and sometimes it can happen that the power supply is on it's limit, usually it ends in a reboot. With games and modern video cards your power supply should have at least about 400 to 450 W minimum...

About temperature: It sometimes also helps to carefully clean the computer from dust. At the fans, at the heatsinks...
"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food." W. C. Fields

Socrates V.I.P
Socrates V.I.P

Post by SouthAfricanBru »

MadMojo wrote:Bru might be right. Another common reason is the power supply. In games the video card needs a lot of power and sometimes it can happen that the power supply is on it's limit, usually it ends in a reboot. With games and modern video cards your power supply should have at least about 400 to 450 W minimum...

About temperature: It sometimes also helps to carefully clean the computer from dust. At the fans, at the heatsinks...
Mad is exactly right but for the PSU i would say minimum should be 550w
THAT'S ONE STEP FOR MAN, ONE GIANT LEAP FOR MAN KIND - Neil Armstrong
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MadMojo »

:dance: depends on the video card. big fast video card not that old needs more, agree.
"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food." W. C. Fields

Regular
Regular

Post by Retlaw »

Howdy Howdy... Thank you SAB, Madmojo & Wolver for your suggestions/ideas... I tried a Recovery Restore to a point before the problems started... No help.. :x I tried cleaning the inside of all dust (air only)... No help... :x I checked my memory chipsets... I have 6 of them. Each 1.5GB for a total of 9GB of memory of which 6GB of memory are available... All are in working order... :think: I even checked my 2 video cards which work with each other to give me some very good graphics... Those are fine... :pray: What I have discovered is that when I play with the side of my computer off, the problem doesn't appear to be as frequent. :think: So, I'm thinking it is a heat problem... I turned all fans up to 60% from 50% to see if that will cool it down better. :roll: We'll see... I may very well have to bring an extension cord outside and play outside.. :? lol.

Thanks again for your help...
Retlaw
Founder
Founder

Post by Al Hadzi »

IF YOU WANT I CAN SENT TO YOU SOFTWARE TO CHECK MEMORIES http://hcidesign.com/memtest/

OR FOR TEST ALL PC - I USED IN MY WORK THIS - NAME IS HEAVYLOAD:

IF PC WORKING FEW HOURS FINE (THIS SOFTWARE USED ALL MEMORIES AND CPU) SO MEANS THAT WILL WORKING FINE:

http://www.jam-software.com/heavyload/

"Heavyload is intended to stress all resources of a PC (the CPU, RAM, hard disk, operating system, etc.) in order to test reliability under a heavy load. This is useful for testing important MS Windows file or database servers before using them for production, or just to check if your new PC might get too hot when used intensively. To stress your PC or server, HeavyLoad writes a large test-file to the temp folder, it allocates physical and virtual memory, performs complex calculations and it draws patterns in its window."
"I know that I know nothing" - SOCRATES

Al Hadzi
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Regular
Regular

Post by Retlaw »

Hey AL... Thanks for the memory sites... I tried them both... Hard drive and memory are fine... Still having reboot issues...
:x I do believe its a temperature problem... When I take the side of my computer off, the computer will keep running... I have turned my fan speeds up to 80% when thermal temps reach 25°C. Which is pretty much where the temp sits all the time. Seems to be doing the job...
Thanks again to you (Al), Madmojo, SAB, & Wolver for your help... :clap: :whistle:
Retlaw