TuneUp Utilities 2011

PC Problems, Hints + Tips
Founder
Founder

TuneUp Utilities 2011

Post by Al Hadzi »

Mad my Friend what do you think about TuneUp Utilities 2011... maybe from experience ???
"I know that I know nothing" - SOCRATES

Al Hadzi
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Administrator
Administrator

Re: TuneUp Utilities 2011

Post by MadMojo »

No experience with that.

But in general I can say I'm not such big friend of these tuning utilities. I have read now a bit about TuneUp Utilities 2011 and most people think you don't really need. It can give a hand customizing desktop and such, but it won't help to make the computer faster. Faster it'll get if you can add some more memory :handgestures-thumbupleft:

I don't use anything else but sometimes CCleaner for cleaning up registry from old entries. Anyway one needs to be careful with such, but you know that. To have the system fast it should be enough to switch off services you don't use at all, clean up the autostart things and defrag disk from time to time.

All these things are done too by these TuneUp Utilities, only you need to pay for it. And as far as I have read on some systems it has made them slower than before.

You wanna give it a try?
"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food." W. C. Fields

Socrates V.I.P
Socrates V.I.P

Post by SouthAfricanBru »

I have never heard of TuneUp Utitlies 2011 so i would not trust it but I sometimes use Game Booster which works very nicely giving about 5 more FPS

I know you were not talking to me but i thought you would like to try this program
THAT'S ONE STEP FOR MAN, ONE GIANT LEAP FOR MAN KIND - Neil Armstrong
Founder
Founder

Post by Al Hadzi »

MadMojo wrote:(...)All these things are done too by these TuneUp Utilities, only you need to pay for it. And as far as I have read on some systems it has made them slower than before.

You wanna give it a try?
I have for free because I get with Kaspersky Internet Security ( I use KIS about 6-7 years... so I can recomend)
SouthAfricanBru wrote:I have never heard of TuneUp Utitlies 2011 so i would not trust it but I sometimes use Game Booster which works very nicely giving about 5 more FPS

I know you were not talking to me but i thought you would like to try this program
All opinions are important mate... I working as PC technician.. but sometimes I need opinions or suggestions other people...

In my notebook I have the nearly best CPU T7800 (which working for this mainboard... better is - T9500 but have only more cache second level - 6mb (current have 4mb) and IS too EXPENSIVE) also max memory 4gb (maximum on mainboard and for chipset) ... I changed graphic card from 256mb to 512mb (from higher model).. but I think that maybe MAYBE I can tunning some setting in software... Win 7 Ult..... from that reason question

For future if somebody have problems with TOSHIBA laptops I think that I can help... I have a little experience :)

REGARDS

Al Hadzi
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Socrates V.I.P
Socrates V.I.P

Post by SouthAfricanBru »

When you say tune do you mean overclock?

You should not overclock a laptop because you create more heat which will make the system even slower then at default levels,so my suggestion is leave it alone you can never improve something you just end up braking it... as i have learned in the past :D
THAT'S ONE STEP FOR MAN, ONE GIANT LEAP FOR MAN KIND - Neil Armstrong
Founder
Founder

Post by Al Hadzi »

not overclocking... Only better settings for the software... :

advertising :

Highlights of the new TuneUp Utilities
NEW! DISABLE PROGRAMS
… with the innovative TuneUp Programs-on-Demand Technology
- Disables programs completely without uninstalling them
- Enables users to install software without worrying, even if they rarely use them
- Gives users that „brand new Windows!“ feeling back
- Offers full control of your PC‘s workload
- Reduces loss of performance, even with hundreds of programs installed

NEW! PROGRAM RATING
… tips from other users help you make tuning decisions
- Tells users about program relevance based on star ratings
- Provides a sound basis for decisions on activating and deactivating programs and auto
starts, as well as uninstalling programs completely

NEW! TUNING STATUS
… puts your PC on the test-bed
- Detects completed and pending optimization steps for the PC
- Displays a progress bar to show effectiveness of tuning steps carried out
- Keeps users informed about missed potential for increasing performance, for example,
if any unnecessary auto start entries slow down the computer

NEW! IMPROVED TURBO MODE
... now deactivates nearly 80 Windows functions concentrating performance on the important things in life: work and play

Fix and Speed Up your whole PC to Top Shape!
● Speeds up Windows, games and programs
● Cleans up hard disk and registry
● 10x more effective Turbo Mode
● Maintains your PC powerful and fully automatically

Al Hadzi
ImageImageImage
ImageImage