BF III crashes

PC Problems, Hints + Tips
Administrator
Administrator

BF III crashes

Post by MadMojo »

Hi

Bru, you told about crashes every 5min.
I had a look around, here a summary of what I have read so far.

- First of all, have a look here and follow these steps: Battlefield 3: Crash Fix

- mostly Nvidia 560 made similar problem, it got better when they flashed their video card bios. If I remember correctly you have an ATI, so I wouldn't try it yet.

- BF III seems to make heavily use of virtual memory, not depending on real memory, so perhaps raise it.

- Many people got rid of the problems when they switched their ingame video settings from auto to medium. Try.

In general I would recommend that you try to get
- all up to date Windows Updates
- all available patches for BF III
At least the game patches you should be able to get from a game magazine with DVD

cya ;)
"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food." W. C. Fields

Socrates V.I.P
Socrates V.I.P

Re: BF III crashes

Post by SouthAfricanBru »

Thanks,
MadMojo,
Wolverine,
Baddog.

You have helped to make the game work better but still it crashes and i'm sure it's my audio drivers (realtek) because while in game i changed audio settings and it crashed so i think i need a cheap sound card for the game to work

I reinstalled the game,changed virtual memory,changed GFX settings to medium,updated drivers but not windows,game needs to be updated again (4Gb) i see maybe i need to over/underclock my GPU who knows? not EA or dice that's for sure :)

Again thanks for helping
THAT'S ONE STEP FOR MAN, ONE GIANT LEAP FOR MAN KIND - Neil Armstrong