I did it!

PC Problems, Hints + Tips

I did it!

Post by DangerousKitchen »

I did fix my problem with the game... I found a topic in EA forum and went with one hint: no router only modem.
Whole story is in my message there:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/Medal-of-Honor ... d-p/141192

Hurrra! :banana-jumprope:
See Ya on the battlefield!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crito, I owe a cock to Asclepius; will you remember to pay the debt? (last words of Socrates)

Administrator
Administrator

Re: I did it!

Post by MadMojo »

:dance: YEAH YEAH YEAH :dance:
GREAT!

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food." W. C. Fields

Administrator
Administrator

Post by MadMojo »

So as we saw it is not solved yet....

It has either to do with network communication problems / your Router or with punkbuster.

Server log showed this messages when PB kicked you:

Code: Select all

PunkBuster Server: VIOLATION (COMFAIL) #133: DangerousKitchen (slot #1) No Packet Flow [507ab456e526dca6b280415045777e0e(-) 192.168.2.2:3659]
PunkBuster Server: Kick Command Issued (No Packet Flow) for (slot#1) 192.168.2.2:3659 507ab456e526dca6b280415045777e0e DangerousKitchen
PunkBuster Server: Lost Connection (slot #1) 192.168.2.2:3659 507ab456e526dca6b280415045777e0e(-) DangerousKitchen
Usually it means PB is not running locally, but as you can play via battlelog and as you can play with different router (sometimes) it seems to be a FW problem.

WHat I have seen in the router manual:
Enabling/Disabling UPnP
...The Router ships with the UPnP feature disabled. If you are using any applications that are UPnP-compliant, and wish to take advantage of the UPnP features, you can enable the UPnP feature. Simply select “Enable” in the “UPnP Enabling” section of the “System Settings” page. Click “Apply Changes” to save the change.
But not sure if that will help.

What you should try is, creating Forwarding rules.
Assuming you have configured router's DHCP that way that you always will get the same IP when you start your computer, you should go to FIREWALL > Virtual Servers.
There make an entry for TCP / UDP (if not possible then one for TCP one for UDP) with your computers internal IP and see if for testing you can use "ALL" for LAN and Public Port".

Administrator
Administrator

Post by MadMojo »

What I also thought of.....

If you have switched off the Router Firewall, you should be able to switch it on again.
It should work as before (or not work) ;)

MadMojo wrote:What I also thought of.....

If you have switched off the Router Firewall, you should be able to switch it on again.
I checked this at first. With or without firewall enabled ... doesn't matter the same sh... :-|
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Crito, I owe a cock to Asclepius; will you remember to pay the debt? (last words of Socrates)

DangerousKitchen wrote:
MadMojo wrote:What I also thought of.....

I checked this at first. With or without firewall enabled ... doesn't matter the same sh... :-|
I have one question Why is it supposed to be router problem, if game works when launching via battlelog? What's the difference for the router?

Administrator
Administrator

Post by MadMojo »

It is 100% a router issue just because your internal IP address should never ever under no circumstances been visible to the internet. And with that Belkin router your PB communication reveals your internal private network address, the netgear does not.

The difference between starting the game via battlelog or desktop... I can't tell in detail because do not know about the data / service communication which happens. What I can say is, that it is your battlelog browser plugin starting the communication, and not the desktop client. Battlelog plugin might mean first communication via kind of HTTP protokoll, while the desktop client starts already with his gaming whatsoever TCP communication. And that old Belkin seems to handle the standard HTTP but have his problems when other communication is used.

Sorry, just my assumptions, I can't tell more detailed because don't know. However, a new router should handle all that out of the box, usually one only needs to configure internal LAN (WLAN / DHCP / MAC Filter / etc...)